[DML] Re: California Autofest details?

Rich & group

We made the run to the California Autofest with the Yellow D and had
a great time.  The California owners (DOA, DML, etc) are a great
group of people.  Steven Wynn provided an air conditioned sky box
that overlooked the raceway that was stocked with cold drinks and
other goodies.  The group used it as a cooling off area and a social
area.  Thanks to Steven for the cool place to rest and gather with
everyone.

Friday we enjoyed an open house at DMCC put on by Don Steger and
crew.  It was great to meet everyone and see Dons facility.  My wife
even talked the body shop next to Dons place into washing and doing
some detail work on the Yellow D.

Don has some amazing custom work going on in his shop, so if your
thing is to customize your D, you may want to contact Don or Danny.

We counted about 20 Ds actually at the show... some DOA, some DML,
some etc.  There were probably more cars closer to stock than
custom.  I had the opportunity to talk with the new DOA president and
some others that help produce the DW Magazine.  Sounds like some
changes are upcoming but we'll just have to wait and see.

All in all, it was a great adventure for our family and we will be
doing an article with some nice pics in the upcoming issue of
Gullwing Magazine.

Ron
Gullwing Magazine