[DML] Re: Turbo question

The electric blowers are definatly the "Hot Ticket" now on the
imports. It started with guys experimenting with leaf blowers. They
rewound the motors by hand so they would run on 12v DC. No hard to
line up belts, no fancy exhaust pipe plumbing, no turbo lag. I can't
comment on this specific set-up but this is the future. Same thing
with electric power steering, it will be the universal standard in the
near future. In fact the car of the future will be entirely
"Drive-By-Wire. All of this is in preperation for the hybrids and the
electric cars of the future. You may need to beef up the electrical
system to handle the bigger loads. New cars are going to 48 volts and
more to keep the wire sizes small. You may need a larger capacity
battery, heavy wiring to the blower, and a larger output alternator to
keep up with everything. Improving the breathing on the intake side is
only a job half-done. To realize the full potential you have to
improve the exhaust too. The ultimate will be a full bore engine
management system, direct pulse fuel injection, and  an electric
blower. Too bad the trans will not be able to keep up. If you raise
the horsepower and torque of the motor and drive aggresively you will
quickly kill the clutch and the transmission.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?viewItem&rd=1&item=7913654014&category=33741&sspagename=WDVW