[DML] Re: ac question

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:41:14 -0000, Oliver wrote:

> the ac is permanently switching on and off. it has been refilled a
> few weeks ago, which has stopped the problem for a few days but now
> the same problem as before. maybe it is helpfull to know that the ac
> is not switching on and off as long as the car is  running on idle,
> i will start switching only while driving. any ideas?

Isn't the system simply cycling as it should be doing?

When pressur in the system gets at a certain point the compressor
disengages and then when it has reached a certain low point it
cuts in again to pressurise everything again.

Works exactly like a refridgerator, only mobile. And you
don't hear your fridge running constantly either, or do you!?

See if you can influence the intervals between the on and off state
by playing with your engine rpm and/or the fan speed settings.
If you are able to do so the system is probably OK.

In my experience the system engages continously at idle and cycles
on for about 10 seconds then off for little over 30 seconds,
driving on the highway, fanspeed at 2 or 3 and doing about 130kmh.
It's been like that for the last year or so, when I got it recharged...

JAN van de Wouw

Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000