[DML] emmissions test failed

Hey everyone,
        Well, my 2-year emissions test has come and gone, 3 times now,
without success.  The first time I ran it through, it failed for CO....AZ
limit is 20 grams/mile and I tested at 34.89.  The tester missed a few 2-3
shifts and ended up in 5th, giving it full throttle which I thought would
have made the difference since 2 years ago I passed with 11.84 grams/mile.
I insisted they retest it with a more competent driver and he registered
21.24 grams/mile...still a failure.
        I've spoken to a few D vendors and mechanics.  Since NOX and HC
readings are in line they all seemed my catgs were functioning properly and
that I was running too rich.  Makes sense since I am running the Island twin
turbo setup.  Funny how aside from a new alternator and air filter, I
haven't really touched the engine except for the oil changes.  The car has
about 10,000 miles on it since the last test.  So with the car running I
backed off the CO mixture screw about 1/12th of a turn-was advised 1/16th
but it's all guesswork for me.  Looks like it went from the one o'clock
position to the 12 o'clock.  I didn't notice any change in the idle or how
the car ran.
        Anyway,  I've driven the car about 50 miles since that and decided
to go back for a retest today.  It's about 15 miles from my house to the
testing facility on city streets so I know the car was well warmed up.  It
tested 31.23 grams/mile this time.  I'm at a loss....

So here's where I am:
Backed off the CO mixture screw about an 1/8th of a turn today.  Noticed
idle drop and ran rough for a second, then right back up to normal RPM's and
stable.  Added a bottle of Berryman's "Guaranteed to pass" stuff.  Hey, I
need all the help I can get.  Ran the car for another 30-45 minutes or so.
I want to run the tank down and fill with fresh 91 octane before going back
to test again.

Any other suggestions?  Is there something I am missing?  Something maybe
that would also contribute to abnormally high CO readings?  Any help is
greatly appreciated.  $27/test gets expensive when you keep failing.....

Thanks,
Matthew
VIN 16816