[DML] Re: Firestar 500

Actually, there was additional work done on the FireStar 500
concept, beyond the renderings that were shown to the public.

I spoke to Marvin Katz at the DMCH Open House 2003.  Marvin
was the owner of KAPAC in the 80's and 90's when KAPAC was
the owner of all the items leftover from the Delorean factory
including the inventory of Delorean parts now owned by DMCH.

>From my conversations with Marvin, I heard details of the
modified Chevy V8 engine being tested in both turbo charged
and supercharged setups (decision in '86 was supercharging).
One of the V8 engines that resided in the Ohio warehouse for
a while had a nicely detailed aluminum rocker arm covers with
the DMC logo embossed in the centers.  Marvin had commented
that it was very nice CNC work done on an engine that would
most likely have been at an upcoming trade show.

Marvin had some stories about the mock-ups that were being
worked on in California, but the only solid evidence that
he saw personally was the engine(s) that either made their
way through or stayed briefly at the Ohio warehouse.

Marvin had a scheduling conflict with the DCS 2004 and he
was not able to attend, but I'm sure Ken K. has invited
him again for DCS 2006.  Marvin has family in the Chicago
area, so I'm sure there is a good chance he will be here
for the show.  In addition to the FS 500, Marvin has a lot
of very interesting stories about the DMC early years.

As a side note, the Delorean community owes Marvin a debt
of gratitude for acquiring and managing the DMC inventory
for many, many years.  DMCH would certainly not be what it
is today if it were not for Marvin Katz and the KAPAC Co.

As for the FireStar 500, unless someone comes really close
with the exterior looks and is powered by 500+ HP V8 engine,
comparisons to the FS 500 should be saved for a much closer
match to the original intent.  (BTW: I'm working on it.)

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Steve Stankiewicz