Re: [DML] Turbo question

You need to stay with the same model number turbos. The outside physical
characteristics in a specific turbo may be the same but they can have an
infinite number of differences in the shape of the inside of the housings
and the size and shape of the impellors. That is what decides when boost
begins and how fast it builds. The goal is to match the turbo's performance
to a specific engine's power curve. Having the boost coming up differently
between the two banks of cylinders in your car wouldn't be advisable.

Bruce Benson