Re: [DML] Objection to the Production Chronology notes

Re: [DML] Objection to the Production Chronology notes

Thanks to all those that have been sending me updates on the side
for improving the accuracy of the VIN list information.

I'll share a dirty little secret about the VIN list with you all.
Almost none of the information in the VIN list is actually authored
by me -- nearly all the infomration is as submitted by other
sources. Those other sources include the DOD (where a substantial
amount of the info comes from), contributed transcription of company
records (like the warranty cards), regional club organizers, and
enthusiast sleuths.

I agree with the comments about the kinds of information that
belongs on the submitted records, and I will start scrubbing the
material I receive to watch out for information that does not have
good longevity. Scrubbing the massive DOD submission for suitable
data will be a drag, and I encourage those owners that fill in the
forms to do so with an eye towards the kinds of information that
will be relevant in the long-run.

If you have corrections or additions to the information on your car
(or any other car you have first-hand information on), please feel
free to drop me a note and I would be more than happy to correct the
info.

         Knut