Re: [DML] Digest Number 2130

*****  Moderator's Note  *****
This is the last post for this thread.

*****  Mike G  Moderator of the Week

Dani B. Wrote:
Beware of anyone emailing from DMCVIN6683@xxxxxxxxx
subject INCOMING MESSAGE, they are trying to get you
to download a virus attached in the emial. If you have
anti-spam it will most likely get trapped there like
it did me, but just be warned! -Dani B. 5003

---

Dani,

I know Mark, and highly doubt he's sending out
viruses.  This looks like a variant of the Beagle
virus  (
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.beagle.y@xxxxxxx
).  I get a lot of these on another account.  If you
turn on 'Full Headers' in your email program, and you
examine each "Received: from" line you will most
likely see that it did not start from or pass through
wi.rr.com.  This virus (and many others that spread
through email) spoofs the "From" line in the headers.
Who ever the virus came from is infected, and it just
grabbed two addresses from one of their folders.  It
could've been 'sent' or it could've been 'trash'.
Mark is, I hope, an innocent bystander in this.

As noted, yes, be very careful with mail and
attachments even from people you think you trust.  It
may not really be them.

-- Marty

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail