[DML] entertainment/speakers at the show

[DML] entertainment/speakers at the show

Ron Wester wrote me the following paragraph and wanted to know if I would
share the answer with you.  I said ok.

I was wondering how much if any the DCS has to pay for someone like JZD,
Bob Gale, Claudie, etc to come to the show.  Is it travel money, room and
board,  appearence fee?  Also does DCS pay for any of the show cars or
vendors to appear?  Ive heard several people bring up these questions so
I thought I would ask

Answer

I don't mind sharing general information but I will not get into individual
costs.

Every guest was paid to be there.  I think for what we got and what I ended
up charging we did real well.

We definately paid for JZD to attend Cleveland and will end up paying for him
to attend another show if he chooses to come.  JZD did not come to PF but he
was offered a package to be there.

Vendors are not paid to be there or speak as they make money selling parts
and are going to be there anyway.

The guest cost range from a few  hundred to a few thousand.
Some require travel and food, some require that plus speaking costs.
Its hard to get something for nothing.

For this show we were around $10K in guest speaker costs.  I felt for the
number of guest we had I did real real well this time.  Compensation for this
type of guest is common and they were quite reasonable.  Add this to the
convention center cost (remember we had a convention center for three days and they
are not cheap) and you can see the cost to just open the door is high.  Without
500+ people it would not have worked.

Lets see

Claudia Wells
Bob Gale
Jeff Wiesmann
Fred Dellis
Jim Prentice
Kathryn DeLorean
The Nork
Joe Charter

Special owners
Curtis

plus the vendors that added in that was a full schedule including the tech
parts from

Rob Grady
Stephen Clark
Randal Brown (Who I think does an excellent job)
Don Steger
John Hervey

Words of wisdom and added entertainment and awards
Walter Coe (barefoot guy)
Vidoe Bob
Bob Miller
Gary Hull
Various Clubs
Millenium Concours

And the raffle car.

I did help out two show car owners a little this time due to extreme expenses
they had incurred and I felt without them it would not be as good of a show.
That amount however was insignificant compared to the rest and it is
understood that I will not do it again. That was my call and I felt it was the proper
one based on what we got back in return.   In no other DCS show has the DCS
helped to bring in cars.  We were supposed to have two other cars at the show
but last minute they wanted money to bring the cars.  They were not at the show.

We do not pay cash to anyone other than contracted speakers/entertainers.

I guarentee no one will give you this much value for what is charged.
This show was one of the highest value shows we did so far.

PF was the least expensive show we did per person besides Cincinnati and that
was only because it did not have a Thursday night event.

We are so fortunate to have so many people to contribute to the DeLoreans
History and we will continue to bring you as much as we can find.  If we do not
have the funds to bring these people in then the history will be lost.  Many of
the potential guests are just factory worker who have an inside history that
will be gone forever in the upcoming years.

Chicago is a more expensive venue and food cost alone are going to be a
challenge.

Ken