[DML] AC Panel LED Installation/Flossing

[DML] AC Panel LED Installation/Flossing

My Ba7 LED bulbs came today and I just finished installing them tonight. When I took off the AC panel there was an empty hole where the right fan bulb should have been .The other top bulbs were recessed far back in the sockets. The bulb on the top  left side easily pushed through to the back side. I looked up the directions for removing the center console and decided to try another approach.  I put a looped piece of dental floss through the empty hole for the fan bulb and pulled it through the rectangular opening at the bottom of the area. I managed to finger the lost bulb through same hole and tie the dental floss to the back of the socket. Using the dental floss and the "guide it in with the finger approach" I was able to pull the socket back throufh the hole. I had already put in the LED. To my surprise it lighted when I turned on the ignition. I was able to push the top left socket farther out from the back side by going in at the foot well drivers side and again using the light
 finger approach.  Now for the missing top right fan bulb- using a mirror and light I was able to locate it,  put in a new LED and worked it back in to the socket. By now I had replaced all but the top second left bulb. I could find no way to get it closer to the front so I decided to leave the stock bulb in . The three bottom bulbs were easily replaced. I used red bulbs for the Fan Fail and the Lock Doors.
My last task was to snip off the piece of dental floss as close to the bulb as possible and reinstall the panel cover. By the way if you replace all the bulbs it takes 7 bulbs. I only ordered 6 so I did not have enough bulbs to do the job anyway. I am glad they are installed and it was only a two Band Aid night.