[DML] Re: Can anyone ID these cars from PF?

[DML] Re: Can anyone ID these cars from PF?

Dave is correct... the Yellow D has a universal style wing that was
actually mounted on the car backwards when we got it.  Previous owner
did a lot of things a$$ backwards.  Anyway, the mounts that hold the
wing were custom made and are about 2.5 times taller than the
originals.  This got it up out of the rear view mirror but not so
high that it would look like a Super Bee.  The most difficult thing
about a wing mounted on the louvre is the struts will not support it
well... that is until I got some of the struts Don Steger sells.
Dont know what magic Don has put in them but they definately are
stronger than others I tried.

It took some time to get used to the different look but I have grown
to like it.  Some day I hope to try one of the wings off of this
site... http://www.lotusespritworld.co.uk/EHistory/WingsWheels.html

Check it out, a Lotus style wing couldnt help but look good on a D.
Maybe a future article!!

Ron

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Swingle" <swingle@xxxx> wrote:
> Yellow one is Ron "Gullwing Magazine" Wester. It's part of a kit
that
> used to be commonly available, they still come up from time to
time.
> The other one belongs to a Minnesota owner, and it's entirely home-
> made including the stainless spoiler on the back. It's been on that
> car for at least 20 years.
>
> Sorry not very helpful but a start.
>
> Dave S

[moderator snip]