Re: [DML] My results with L.E.D.s

Thanks for the support.
I am proud of my research on these.
I have a bucket full of other lights I have bought from every manufacturer
looking for the best combination of performance and price.

Brighter is not always better.
I just tried out some new bulbs that have come to markey that are supposed
to be
twice as bright as the ones I sell, but cost 33% more each.
I tried them out and in my opinion the one's I already sell look better.

One day, these lights will be cheaper than anything and will be common,
but until then I am proud to be the first one to sell them as a kit.
I have sold about 100 sets of these to happy Delorean owners so far,
that is 600 bulbs. Out of those 600 only one bulb was defective which I
replaced.
Pretty good numbers.

As far as leaving the doors up, you could leave these lights on for weeks at
a time
without making a real dent in your battery.
A full day or two at a car show is nothing.....

A lot of people have asked for LED's for the running lights too, and I have
yet
to find any that are satisfactory looking.
The light needs to be equal or brighter than the original incandescent in
order to
make it worth doing.
Unlike your house, where electricity is billed it makes no difference how
much
power your running lights use when the car is running.
Also, you would not normally have these lights on when the car is on
display.
The reflective properties of the lenses require light from all sides to
light up the
whole lens. Just like a flashlight.
There are now LED's that have lights pointing forward as well as all around
(like a pinecone) that will simulate this.
Now, these are still not as good as a real bulb but look pretty good.
The downside is that a regular bulb costs about $1 or so and will last for
many years.
The LED will cost somewhere in the $30-$40 range for the same thing.
However, if you did replace all of your running lights with LED's then you
could
leave your doors up with the running lights on all day with almost no
effect.

I am working on this, and will let everyone know when I find what I am
looking for.
- Videobob
http://www.dfwdmc.com

>From: "ryanpwright" <yahoo1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [DML] My results with L.E.D.s
>Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 06:12:50 -0000
>
>FYI, the set you sold me is great. Had my car at a show a couple of
>weeks ago and left the doors open for a good 4 hours at a minimum. Did
>nothing to my battery. Didn't even flinch. It was nice to be able to
>really show the doors off (the lights really "make" the doors) without
>worrying about the battery.
>
>I did, however, turn my interior lights off. ;)
>
>-Ryan

[very long quote trimmed by moderator]