Re: [DML] Re: I need some ammunition

I know Tom does not want to hear this but I second David's sage advice. Help dad to acquire case of DeLorean fever and then borrow his car. This by the way happened to me. My son convinced me to buy a" fixer" and I got hooked on the car. I am now on my second DeLorean.

David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:In general for a young person, such as yourself, it is not such a good
idea to buy a Delorean. Not only must you save up to buy the car you
will have to have a reserve for all the inevetable repairs it will
need (it is a 20 + year old car). Every time it needs repairs it may
take a few days to get the parts. If it is to be a daily driver it
won't be reliable till all the repairs are done. Then there is the
problem of insurance. On top of that the car does not have air bags or
ABS. It is hard to see a Delorean on the road especally around SUV's.
If you are not handy, repair work, even when done incorrectly, is
expensive. I would not get a Delorean for my kids and I can do all the
work on it myself! You would be much better off with something more
"conventional" and save up for the "D" as a second car when you get
more experience and money. Going into this without enough money will
only cause you to hate the car when it breaks down and you can't
afford to fix it. BTW the same advice for the Fiero. If you still need
your father's OK to buy a Delorean maybe you should wait a little
longer or maybe you can talk HIM into getting the "D" and letting you
work on it and drive it.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

[moderator snip]