[DML] Re: Brake update

I have had many apprentice mechanics come to me with the same
problem after i they have replaced a master cyclinder and not bleed
it first on the bench before installation. If you have an airlock in
the mastercyclinder sometimes no amount of bleeding via the brake
calipers or at the master cyclinder itself will break the air lock
as you are not creating any preasure inside the master cyc. to clear
the air lock. I would remove the lines at the master cyc. and place
your fingers over the outlet holes and get somebody inside the car
to pump the pedal (make sure it has fluid in the master cyc.) this
will create preasure inside the cyclinder insted of just pushing air
down empty brake lines. Hopefully it should squirt under preasure
past your fingers so be careful it doenst go everywere. Then bleed
your brakes as normal.
Hope this helps, Nick 10927