Re: [DML] Mixer

Mikes comments are what we have been trying to do.

If you recall on Thursday we had you out early and doing the car cruise in at
the hotel parking lot.
This was meant to get you to mix and it did appear to work well.

WE do not do much of other mixing events due simply to lack of help.
Mike is right.  I can control the crowd more if I sit you down and that was
part of Fri and Sat Plan.

This is one thing we are looking at in Chicago since the group there should
give me people to help and we may be able to do more.

IT is impossible to count on help at these shows. Once the show starts the
help is hard to come by.

We do get help but as you saw its is basically a one family job

Example for the cars push in on Saturday

We had over 30 people volunteer.

I told all of them to come around 9-9:30 and others around 10:00

You were there you tell me how many we had.

Those of you that helped it was a great job as that part scared me but you
got the cars in and in good time.  I now know this works and the exit at 5-6
worked even better.
There you had to help to get your cars out you had to move others. That
seemed to be a lot of fun for many of you.

It boils down to people

The Cleveland group did that to some extent in Cleveland at Shooters

Again this is YOUR SHOW

If you want something volunteer and I will give it to you to do but the catch
is you have to do it.

The shows are planned with the thought that if it does not get support we
still can run it with minimum people.

Think back on the shows.  At Memphis 5 key people did not show up and  you
saw who was running what at PF.  We needed a staff at least three times the size
but it ran well enough that none of us were stressed at the end and that in
part is also due to those that attended as well. You understood and let me and
my family do what we needed to do.
Thank you all for understanding.

I like Mike's idea and I hope someone takes this and runs with it.

If someone does not come forth I will do the show so that I can manage it
with the people I have so this is your opportunity.

Cost is another factor but we can work through that.

Your involvement in this show is welcome.  If you remember my posts on
Cincinnati and Cleveland we want to just supply the location and have clubs sponsor
the events.
That never took off so we deal with what we have.  Cleveland did the best at
having groups share on some events. Memphis was non existant.  The best
technical stuff was at Cincinnati.

Ken