Re: [DML] Re: Suggestions for DCS 2006

I've been to all four of Ken's shows and always had a good time.  I've
also enjoyed three DOA Expos, three KAPAC open houses, two Houston Open
Houses, and two of Marv's Show-N-Shine events in Ontario.  All have been
great.

Most of these events had one thing that was missing from three of Ken's
shows: a mixer.  By this I mean an event that gets everyone together in
one room talking BUT NOT SITTING DOWN TO DINNER.  As soon as you put
people around tables that seat 10 they stop meeting new friends and
start being cliques.  This was especially true in Pigeon Forge, where
every event had us sitting around tables to eat.

I think people would enjoy the Chicago show more if it started with an
informal mixer.  Have a bar and finger food, like chicken wings & pizza,
and perhaps a couple of those barstool-high tables you see in
nightclubs.  It's easy to meet new people when everyone is milling about
with a drink in one hand instead of sitting with their cliques.

- Mike Substelny