[DML] Re: Removing Rotors

Put the nut back on the inside of the spindle our you'll likely pull
the spindle out of the knuckle. If that happens you'll have the hub
off with the spindle still stuck in it, which makes it even harder to
get apart.

After the Big Nut is removed the hub and rotor should should slide
off. But sometimes they don't. You should be able to rent a hub
puller (a very large slide hammer) from a rental place. This bolts on
to the lug studs and then you slide a big weight to pull it off.

This will probably pop the inner roller bearing out of the carrier.
The bearings are supposed to be sealed, i.e. you don't re-pack them
because you can't get them sealed again, bu I've seen it done.

Using the slide hammer will probably leave the center of the bearing
race on the spindle (THAT is what is stuck). You may need some other
sort of large jaw puller to get that off. Do not be tempted to leave
it there and assemble the bearing in place. If you do that you'll end
up with no seal on the inner bearing and it won't last very long.

Dave Swingle