[DML] Re: Pass door lock malfunction

You didn't say how well the driver's side door lock works if you try
to lock/unlock it from the passenger side. But check the door locks
themselves by pressing the rocker lever inside. It should click back
and forth with just the pressure from your middle finger. Anything
harder than that, like when you have to start using your thumb, and
you'll know that you've got a problem with the linkage.

Before you start trying to adjust any of the rods/linkages, first try
to lube everything. The best thing I found was White Lithium Grease,
that you spray out from a can. I soaked the locking clasps, the rods,
bell crank, and the cable tube that connects to the door handle, while
you move everything back and forth. Adjusting the linkage shouldn't be
nessisary, from what I've seen.

Lubing the linkage is always a good idea. After doing so, my door
closes much easier, and more quiet. However, even if this fixes your
issue, you should still repair/replace your door lock module, as
everyone else will tell you. A little work on that little box behind
can save you A TON of labor if you damage the solenoids, and need to
replace one!

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dani B" <5n-@xxxx> wrote:
> Ever since I got my car, I have this problem with the passenger side
> lock only. Heres the symptoms: It seems to "Stick" in the locked
> position frequently. If I hit the switch to unlock on the pass door,
> it will unlock part way and jump back to lock-causing the drivers
lock
> to lock with it. I can try to force the switch down as hard as I can
> but it will just jump back to locked. Sometimes if I used the key in
> that door it will unlock sucessfully and work for a while until it
> freezes in the locked position again. I have had to disconnect the
box
> inside the relay compartment twice to unlock the door. Also if the
> passenger side is unlocked and I try to open the door from the
> outside, it will suddenly jump to locked causing the door to jam.
The