[DML] Re: A/C Question( A/C expect needed)

[DML] Re: A/C Question( A/C expect needed)

If those are the pressures at idle - i'd say you are over charged -
a lot, or there is too much oil in the system. High side pressure at
idle should not be over 150 - 175 with R 12 or 134. I would expect
to see 250 at 2,000 rpm. Are the fans working OK? 8-10 oz of oil (in
a dry system) and 2.25 lb of R134 (some may prefer 2.0 lb in a HOT
climate). If there is excess oil, it will accumulate in the
accumulator (mostly) and the compressor. You can remove them and
drain the oil from them. It is a bit tricky at the accumulator - do
it from the input side. If you replace the old accumulator that may
be oil logged with a new one, put 1 oz of oil in it when installing.
Put no oil back in the used accumulator when reassembling and put 1
oz of oil back into the compressor when reassembling. Be sure to use
the correct oil.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, John Podlewski <john_podlewski@xxxx>
wrote:
> A/C only gets down to 61 F. I am using R134a  and have recharged
and evac. several times.  I even flushed the both hoses and the
condenser TWICE installed a new orifice tube TWICE, first one was a
little dirty and put on a new accumulator.  Short of replacing a
perfectly good compressor (good pressures 45 low and 250 high @
idle) and condenser I don't know what to do next.  The system is
completely clean now but still not cold. the accumulator seems just
moist and dripping a little but not cold  just cool?