[DML] Re: Pigeon Forge DISCUSSION disappointing-NOT!

[DML] Re: Pigeon Forge DISCUSSION disappointing-NOT!

I also was unable to attend PF. I also enjoy reading about it, the
good AND the bad. No event will ever please everyone so I think it is
great to hear about what can be improved so the next one is even
better. Unfortunatly I am sure there will be things someone will not
like in 2006, every event is different. The most important thing to be
learned from all of this discussion is that if anyone thinks they have
a better way to do something or an idea for a new activity, they
should be willing to not only criticize (constructively of course) but
should be able to offer positive advice and be ready to back that up
with the effort needed to accomplish it. For instance I doubt if most
have ANY idea what it takes to organize even a small, local event. You
generaly start ONE YEAR in advance. By the time the event comes up you
have had to replan it several times because so many things that you
thought were done have to be done all over because of scheduling
conflicts, people changing, etc. Just trying to coordinate setting up
the Deloreans in assembly line fashion or chronologically is a
logistical volunteer nightmare! What sounds like a great idea will be
near impossible to pull off with limited volunteer help. One car out
of sequence could wreck the whole presentation. Grouping the cars is a
whole lot more doable. In fact most car shows do manage to do that
easily. If everyone keeps up this level of involvement from now until
2006 then I am sure that show will be GREAT! Sadely this will not be
the case and Ken will do most of his behind-the-scenes work pretty
much by himself. For all his effort you will have a few that will
point out the shortcomings and have no idea how much sweat he put into
just getting the whole thing to work at all. Not only did he put the
show together but he and Josh and Dave Swingle built a Delorean to
raffle off. What were YOU doing these past 2 years!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757