[DML] Re: Pigeon Forge Show disappointing (MG notes)

[DML] Re: Pigeon Forge Show disappointing (MG notes)

Johnny and list,

Glad you brought up the MG show(s), since the discussions and
attention about them were a bit over-looked at the PF show.
I had hoped to have some time to answer questions and publicly
thank all the folks involved in the two Monster Garage shows,
but as you know from attending PF or reading the posts here,
there were a lot of last minute changes due to travel issues.

I brought the GT40 Rock Crawler and did not bring my Delorean
Hover Conversion specifically to highlight the positive side
of the two Monster Garage shows to date and to not cause most
owners and enthusiasts to dwell on the negative aspects.

As most of you know, I pursued doing both of the MG shows as
a way to spotlight the Delorean marque and unfortunately the
Delorean Hovercraft build did not go as anticipated.  When
you go out on a limb and put your trust in strangers, you can
get burned.  Even though the build was deemed a failure, the
effort was well appreciated by the production staff and crew.

For those of you who have not seen the Delorean Hovercraft
episode, there is a replay scheduled for Friday, July 23, on
the Discovery Channel, so check your local listings.  It's not
the Delorean's finest hour, but it's now part of it's history.
And while you watch the episode, notice how Don Steger looks
more and more like a mature AJ Foyt everday.

Now for the Future.

If you have seen the Monster Garage, Monster Nation show with
the Delorean build team and the GT40 Rock Crawler, you know
how editing and voice-overs can make all the difference in
portraying the Delorean in a positive manner or positive view.

With this in mind, I have agreed to do another Monster Nation
show "profile" that will focus on me and my Delorean Projects.
The filming is slated for mid-July and should be featured in
the new fall schedule of Monster Nation.  This is intended to
be both positive and informative about the Delorean marque,
but I will still be at the mercy of the producers and editors.
There should be something positive for everyone in this spot,
but if you are a purist, you probably won't like it anyway.

Stay tuned for more details in the future.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "thebrave65" <johnnysher1@xxxx>