Re: [DML] DCS 2006 Suggestions

I have been to all of the shows and there were better and worse things about
this show than the previous.

We do not need to be entertained by a live band. The band during the day on
Saturday was a total waste and a distraction. People are there to see and
talk with old friends and discuss cars. If there is a need felt to provide
music then a DJ would certainly surfice and the volume is more controllable.

The concourse turned into a difficult process between the loud music and
then the picture event with several hundred people surrounding the cars we
were trying to judge.

I agree with the tech talks. When I belonged to the DOA and attended their
events their tech sessions were the highlight. Each vendor could have 15
minutes to discuss their new or unique products. Do not try and make this a
DOA type event where they are now which is a focus on the event , not the
car. Look at their magazine and it says it all.

We have gotten lost on all of the tours and this one was no different. We
too were behind Marc whether he knew it or not.....what was I thinking!

The hotel made it worse than the other shows. I would hope that no one would
have to stay in the moldy,ant infested,  unclean rooms that were the low
priced ones. Our room was "cleaned" one time in the four days we stayed
there. I travel 3 days a week and these were unacceptible at any rate.( we
moved to the new side rooms after one look at the cheap ones)

The food was only marginal and anyone that knows me knows I can eat with the
best of them.

The BTTF theme was O.K. for this show and I thought the movie speakers were
great but we need to concentrate on the car more. The individuals that were
responsible for our car may not be available too much longer and we should
take advantage of them.

Keep up the excellent job Ken, there is no one else that could do the job
you and your familiy have done. The HOURS of dedication and unappeciated
time by you and your family are truely appreciated. My comments are only
meant to help as one person's reflection as we can not improve what we do
not measure!

Great to see everyone and all the exciting things they are doing to the
cars. Curtis takes a back seat to several of the cars as far as innovation
and practical driving improvements to update the car.
Quite different than the first show for sure where virtually everyone was
stock.!

Cecil Longwisch