Re: [DML] Re: Pigeon Forge Show disappointing

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 12:14:17PM -0500, Video Bob wrote:
> As far as music goes, it would be cool to see someone relevant like
> Huey Lewis and the News or something like that.
> Or, to bring more BTTF people in, etc.

BTTF was a fun flick, sure. But (speaking only for myself) I'm not
involved with the cars because I'm passionate about the movie. The movie
/is/ the only reason I know the cars exist, but that's the extent of it.
If there was zero BTTF stuff at the DMC shows, I'd be happy as a clam. I
don't have anything against the movies (yes, I bought the DVD set at the
show, not that I've watched them), but come on. It's been 20 years.
Find something new. =)

I go to the shows in the hopes of meeting DMC gearheads, picking their
brains, getting ideas from other owners (and their cars), answering
questions to DMC and non-DMC folks about the cars in general (and mine
in particular, if they're interested). If I come away having learned
some stuff, it's a success for me. If I've met some more cargeeks in
my area, so much the better.

Noah
(Northern Virginia)