[DML] Re: Carburetor intakes?

Peugeot:
- Do not know (sorry)
Renault:
- Dual carb (low compression) 1 and 2 barrel Webbers in series
- 6 pack (high compression) three 2 barrel Webbers in tandem
Volvo:
- A series: 1 barrel (manufacturer?)

I'm currently running an A series manifold with an adapter to mate a 2
barrel Motorcraft (Holly). Came jetted for a 1976 Mustang (2800cc
German engine). Primary jets work better than excellent (eh,
Jason...). Secondaries (yes, it has both) are way too rich. As soon as
possible I'm going to investigate disabling them altogether. Are not
needed on PRV. Pic in #5939's photo album. Jai Johnston also
photographed with the air filter in place.

Note that Volvo A series designates fuel delivery method, *NOT* age of
the engine. My new engine was built sometime after mid-late 1985,
based on dates cast into various components.

FYI:
- All PRV's are same intake valley width. Use same 4 manifold bolt
locations too.
- PRV's before B280 (Chrysler 3.0) have smaller intake ports.
- PRV mechanical fuel pump is plunger operated, not lever. Hard to
find. Volvo used electric pumps (one in the tank, one at the front of
the car) even on A series. I'm running a 6 PSI electric pump in the
tank, using stock DeLo boot, wiring, etc. Ran a single new line to the
back of the car rather than routing gas through various K Jetronic
pipes and components (accumulator, mombo fuel filter).

Contact me off List if you're serious about converting
(brobertson(at)carolina.net).

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dani B" <5n-@xxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone know which vehicles intake manifold (carbureted) fits
the PRV?