[DML] Re: Another... Cold Start Problem

Sounds like the thermo-time switch mounted on the waterpump is not
functioning or, the wires are not connected well at the switch.
Since the wire switch thing worked for you the cold-start valve is
apparently working ok.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean@xxxx>
wrote:
> My car fires up great when warm or within 15 hrs of last running.
If I wait a day
> or so between driving it becomes hard to start... takes a while
cranking, trys to
> fire up, when finally starts idle is high then smooths out fairly
quickly. It has
> slowly getting worse.
>
> The other day it was the worst yet. Tried to start, just cranked &
battery power
> drained way down. I thought it was my battery going bad. But a few
seconds later
> putting the key to the accessories position the power was up to 12
volts. Did
> this a few times with no luck.
>
> I ended up having to do the "Hot Start" Quick Fix ( plug the
Control Pressure