Re: [DML] 25th Anniversary DCS

As most of you are aware, the Chicago DCS will be the 25th anniversary
of the car.   In that respected, the Chicago show should be extra special.

After discussing this with, I am considering making the Chicago show a 5
day event.  This way we would have activities on Monday, Tuesday and
Wednesday.

I am looking for ideas for activities on these days.  So far here are
some ideas:

1. A slalom race course on site, that is timed.  This was you can test
your suspension, tires and driving abilities.   THE CORVAIR NATIONALS
are also held at Pheasant Run and they run this slalom race every year.
 WE could ask them to help with this event.

2. A movie shoot, with the Libyan VW bus chasing the DeLorean time
machine.  We have the bus and the car.  All we need is some actors!!

3. A run to Byron, IL  drag strip to compare our different hot rodded
DeLoreans and shifting skills.

4. Tours to downtown CHicago, Navy Pier, Museums, etc.

5. A day/night at the movies-showing all three BTTF movies

The critical thing about doing these event is how many people would be
interested and would attend.  This is less than two years into the
future so we need to start planning now.

Rumor is that DMCH will have a 25th Anniversary Model of the DeLorean
for this show!!!!  Those of you at PF got a glimpse of the idea.

BOB