Re: [DML] DMCH New Interior

I could not find either of these items.  The door levers/locks were placed at
the very bottom of the door, not by the handle as you might expect.  Overall, I
think they had the right idea, but I don't think it's quite ready for
production yet.  The speaker?? on the top of the dash looked kind of silly, and
the LCD screen didn't fit quite right in the opening.  I am also hesitant to
believe they actually installed 3 speakers into the door.  Yes I know the
grills were there, but I didn't witness any sound ever coming from them, so
that leads me to believe they just put the grills there to fake us out for now.

 The one feature I really liked, and I'm actually in the process of doing this
myself, is that they eliminated the door vents along with the ugly ventilation
holes in the dash and the doors.  The vents look like they are from an Audi S4
Cabriolet, but I'm probably wrong.  Now that I've seen their car, I think I
might relocate my vents so that there are 2 on the passenger-side kneepad, and
1 vent on each side of the steering wheel in the kneepad.

Additionally, I'm going to plug myself here and say that I successfully
reupholstered my seat-belt-armrest-trim sections with new black 'whisper'
vinyl.  I really like the way it came out.  I reproduced the look of the
2-piece armrests (it was originally the 1-piece type) and reinforced it by
drilling out the rivets and installed screws with nuts.  It feels very solid
now.

I'll put up pictures when I get them both installed.

Matt

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews