[DML] Custom Sunstar model

I've recently posted a couple of questions pertaining to a custom Sunstar m=
odel I've been
working on. Well, I've just finished it. For those who are interested, pics=
 are posted on
Tamir's DeLorean forum here (http://www.entermyworld.com/forum/viewtopic.ph=
p?
p=4519).

SunStar 1:18 RHD DeLorean VIN 5565
Builder: David Jong (Westford, MA)

RHD Modifications:

? Dashboard cut and resectioned.
? Front end redesigned and rebuilt to accept RH steering.
? Stock tail lights removed
? UK-style tail lights and surrounding area fabricated from scratch.
? Stock side markers deleted.
? Round side markers added.
? Rear fog lights and switch added (UK requirement).
? 140 MPH speedometer added to new (custom made) instruments decal.
? Roof antenna built from scratch.
? Catalytic converter removed.
? Windshield wipers reversed.
? UK-style license plates fabricated and installed.

Other modifications:

? Fully repainted interior.
? Photo-etched speaker grills added (front and rear).
? Fully painted chassis.
? Engine compartment detailed.
? Custom made engine compartment decals added.
? Throttle splash shield made from scratch.
? Drilled out exhaust tips and A/C vent holes.
? Metal body completely refinished.

VIN 5565 was the the first car in the second of three batches of DeLoreans =
converted to
RHD - at the behest of the factory - by Wooler-Hodec in Andover, England. T=
his car was
originally registered by the factory and received the registration number "=
AXI 1697." It was
assigned for the personal use of Don Lander, the factory's managing directo=
r. VIN 5565 is
(as of 2001) owned by the Patrick Collection in Birmingham, England.

Reference Photos courtesy of Chris Parnham (Secretary, DOC UK)

This model will be entered in the custom model contest at Pigeon Forge.

See you there!
-Dave Jong