[DML] Re: Three brass screws (Please help, I broke my car)

[DML] Re: Three brass screws (Please help, I broke my car)

I've made some progress (been digging through the archives):

The brass tube leading from the idle speed motor wasn't put back
together right. I fixed this. The car now runs fine if I open the
throttle a little, but still will not idle. It surges up, comes down,
almost dies, surges again, comes back down and dies.

So I'm making progress. Any further advice would be greatly appreciated.

In the meantime I'm trying to seal vaccumn leaks, so here are some
pictures of things I'm unsure of:

1. http://www.ryanwright.com/temp/mixture.jpg : Is this my mixture
adjustment hole? I read that this is supposed to have a plug over it.
Is this right? Do any of our vendors have this plug?

2. http://www.ryanwright.com/temp/vaccumn.jpg : Just in front of (and
somewhat below) my idle motor is a component of some sort. It's got
two fuel lines going into it, and a vaccumn line. This vaccumn line
runs for a few inches, and then there is a round plastic box (check
valve?). The vaccumn line comes out the other side of the box and just
ends, like it's been cut off. Is this supposed to go somewhere? If so,
where?

3. http://retroserver.no-ip.com/delorean/fuelsysremove/dsc03081.jpg :
This is a capacitor of some sort. It's right next to the idle switch.
My car doesn't have one of these. Should it?

Thank you!

-Ryan