From: content22207 [mailto:brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 12:48 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Maiden Voyage Of The RMS DeLorean

Took my re-engined vehicle for its first road test tonight:

For some reason the nice people in Douvrin France felt it necessary to
totally impact my cooling system with a substance that resembles soap.
Is absolutely everywhere. Guess it's intended to protect the engine
until it is put into service. Cleaned it out of the water pump and the
internal distribution pipe (with a plumber's snake). Took out block
drain plugs and fished around in there until water poured in the
internal pipe ports would at least pass through. Figured circulating
coolant would clear out the rest.

It did.

My radiator is now totally stopped up with French soap. Upper inlet pipe
gets luke warm. Lower outlet remains stone cold. Meanwhile coolant is
boiling in the back of the car.

This soap like substance only responds to hot water. Tomorrow I'll try
to flush the radiator backwards with a hose pipe attached to the Diesel
Shop hot water heater. May see you in Pigeon Forge in a vehicle that
left Dearborn Michigan
*WITHOUT* a bunch of soap in its water jacket...

Bill Robertson

www.dmcnews.com

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews