RE: [DML] Why The Need For High Amp DeLorean Alternators?

RE: [DML] Why The Need For High Amp DeLorean Alternators?

....John Hervey might be the best one to answer that, but you might not take
his word for it since he sells more alternators than just about anybody.
However, we all know that the original alternator was not adaquate and I
think it was 80 AMPS?
The replacement was a 90 AMP I think.
With the power surges from the two 15 amp fans, and all the electrical
requirments for the engine
I guess you need more juice.
I installed one of Hervey's 140AMP Brute's, and also changed the fan system
out with one
his new fan systems that use HALF the amps, and now when my AC kicks in at a
stop light
the DC power needle doesn't drop to 11, it stays right up at 14 and doesn't
budge.

I don't know the REASON why it works better, but I know it does.
-VB