From: TalksToGod [mailto:5n-@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 10:20 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Engine misfiring and coils

Mr. Hervey-I just wanna say that I purchased your MSD coil, 8mm wires,
+4 plugs, ss lines, cleaned injectors, 150 AMP alternator etc etc etc
and I have never been happier with the results. They DO make a
difference. Performance/and every day driving wise the car has been
great as opposed to the stock
parts-especially the alternator. I don't plan on changing it back to
stock, as I never have any problems with it. In the rain, I had the
same problems as I did with the stock setup so its just the rain as a
problem causing factor regardless of anything I use. The only thing I
am trying to determine now is if my fuel pump is going bad-the
accumulator and distrubtor have been replaced in 01? 02? something
like that. I haven't replaced the pump so I'm wondering if I should
now before I'm on the side of the road wondering why I didn't-only if
it's going bad of course. I agree with what you say in that these
upgrades can bring forth problems that the other setup wouldnt. What
makes my DeLorean different from anyone elses?-If it works in mine, it
should work in yours-shouldn't it?- Unless you have fuel, electrical,
engine problems, so on and so forth-this is most likely why it will
not. Also I have been a mechanic for many years restoring the old
muscle cars and etc.-Ive used hundreds of MSD, Pertronix, Malley etc.
setups. I'm pretty good on determining what combinations
of parts are good for the car, and which are not. I've seen people
melt their cap/rotors because they use too high of a voltage coil and
 wrong wires and etc. So-make sure you know what your doing before
you just spend hundreds thinking it will work. Most of us have
preferences when it comes to what we buy for our cars -but don't be
affraid to upgrade to a different brand. Dan B #5003

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews