[DML] Re: Weather Stripping Makes Passenger Door Hard To Shut

[DML] Re: Weather Stripping Makes Passenger Door Hard To Shut

Do not try to adjust the door hinges. Keep trying to adjust the anchor
pins. Rob Grady sells the seals in several different profiles. Some
cars need the smaller profile to fit right and some need the thicker
one. Since you got the parts from Rob you should call him and discuss
this with him. He can tell you how to get the seals to work. On many
cars the seals get worn out and instead of a P.O. replacing them
someone adjusted the anchor pins to get the door to close harder on
the old, worn, seals. This works for a while but can't work when you
do finally replace the seals. You may have to cut the fiberglass
around the anchor pins to get more room to adjust them. Rob can
explain it to you.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, PRC1216@xxxx wrote:
> Hey All,
>      I replaced my passenger side weatherstripping tonight since my
other one
> was ripped and torn.   I used the thin kind that Grady sells.
Since I put