[DML] Re: Engine misfiring-Updated-

Well, it's sounds as though your car is misfiring because it's unable
to completely burn all of the fuel that you're feeding into it. Now,
the question is "Why?" So you've either got an issue with poor spark
preventing the burning of the correct amount of fuel. Or, you've got a
problem with correct spark trying to burn too much fuel being force
fed into the motor. Aside from rocking the car back and forth, it
probably sounds like this: "Boom - Boom - Boom" Then as you increase
speed, it becomes, "boom-boom-boom-boomboomboomBOOMBOOOOVROOOOOOOOM!"

Your first step here should be to retrace your steps, and see if
perhaps you did something different to the car than normal. If this
was just your everyday, run-o-the mill commute, did you drive thru any
large puddles? Did you get lazy/cheap and buy a tank full of "ghetto
gas" that may have a high water content? If not then you've next got
to look at something different. Or in this case, listen. Make sure
that the frequency valve is plugged in, and is loudly buzzy. Some say
it's like an "Angry Cricket", where as I relate it more to a melow
cicada. It's located right under the airfilter. So you'll need to
remove that in order to see it. If it's disconnected, you car will run
like this.

If not the FV, then perhaps you do have some water in the distributor.
So removing it, and spraying a drying agent may be in order. Otherwise
it could be something else, but these are the two places that I would
start at first.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"