[DML] Re: Separating the bellhousing from engine

[DML] Re: Separating the bellhousing from engine

UPDATE:

I got the engine out.  The flywheel covers were basically holding it
into place.  (Thanks Bill Robertson).  After I got those out, along
with the catalytic converter, all I had to do was shake 'er up a
little and she came loose.  Now the fun begins.
   I thought I should mention I did this without jack stands, ramps,
or a lift.  The only "big" tool I had was an engine hoist.  This
might give hope to some of you guys who think you need $10,000 worth
of equipment to pull an engine successfully.
   Would anyone be interested in seeing pictures of how the
crankcase broke where the motor mounts attach?  Kinda scary.
   I'm really going to streamline my engine bay now that the engine
is out, including using wire loom, fixing all the frame rust around
the rear crossmember, powdercoating all non-rustproof metal parts,
bondo'ing all the pinholes in the fiberglass, and do some other
organizational things that will make the car easier to work on in
the future.  Does anyone in the U.S. sell the cat bypass pipes?

Matt

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "supermattthehero" <supermatty@xxxx>
wrote:
> I've removed the 4 bolts which I thought were responsible for
holding
> the bellhousing to the engine, however, they are still attached.
I'm