[DML] Re: Clutch Pedal

Willie - I hope that you take this advice in the spirit in which it
is offered ... get rid of your habit of riding the clutch pedal!
Even with very slight pressure, you are causing the throw-out bearing
to ride against the clutch pressure plate diaphram at all times.  It
is supposed to contact only during clutch operation.  This constant
contact will wear out the bearing, clutch fork, and cause wear and
galling on the fingers of the diaphram.  If the clutch pedal
has "fallen away", you have a failure in one of the components, or a
leak that has caused you to lose all of the fluid.  The entire system
should be checked for signs of leakage.  If signs are found, the
affected components should be replaced.  The main locations where
you'll find fluid from a leak are in you driver's side floor mat and
carpet (leaking master cylinder), the top of the skid plate (leaking
reservoir or feed hose), top of the transmission (leaking slave
cylinder), or anywhere along the clutch tube if you haven't replaced
the stock plastic tube with a stainless steel line.  Good luck, and
please let the List know what you have found.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "vtdmc" <wmack@xxxx> wrote:

> Sometimes I have my left foot just resting on the clutch pedal, no
> pressure but just resting on it.  I have noticed recently and has
> caused me some alarm, that the clutch pedal just goes straight to
the floor, without the clutch disengaging. Any reason for the the
clutch pedal to lose pressure and just fall to the floor?