[DML] Re: Huey Lewis

Thanks to Brian for the heads up about the Huey Lewis and the News
show last night.
I indeed took the Delorean to "Billy Bob's Texas" which is labeled as
the "largest Honky Tonk in the world".
I called the manager first and let him know that I was coming.
He let me park my car right up front on the sidewalk near the front
entrance. I had my Flux plugged in and gleaming.
This was the first time that I have ever displayed my car in this way.
I am used to people gawking at it, but this time was different.
This time, all respect for my property went out the window.
People were more than touching it, they were banging on it,
sitting on the hood and fenders for pictures, one A-hole opened
the door and got in!
I said, "are you out of your f-ing mind?"
He looked at me like I was crazy.
I said, "dude, get out of my car!!!"
I am pretty liberal about letting people take pictures, and even
sitting in the car but when some one opens the door, gets in
and starts playing with the shifter without permission I get fired up.
I was getting a little frightend to be honest.
I mean, if I walked out to find someone doing that to my Ford Taurus I
would pump them full of LEAD!!!!
Who are these disrespectful punks?

People were treating the car as if it were one of those funny
statues at Universial Studios that you pose with for photos.
Climbing on in, getting in it, and the touching...
....OH MY GOD THE TOUCHING!!!!!!
I spent hours today cleaning off the millions of fingerprints
and it still looks like a clay sculpture.

My advice to anyone who ever takes thier car to an event like this is
to make sure the facility provides proper barriers or ropes to put
around the car.
Car shows are different because the people attending are mostly
respectfull and know you are not supposed to touch the cars, but
private events that are filled with drunken red-necks are a disaster
waiting to happen!

With all that said... it was still very exiting to be the center of
attention and to see the looks of amazement on peoples faces as they
saw the car. They had the same look on thier face as if they found a
Unicorn or something.
That part was really cool.

As for Huey Lewis.... he sounded EXACTLY like his records, which was
a little dissapointing because there was no surprises.
It was like karaoke with the real guy.
(no, he did not play "Back in Time" or make any BTTF references)
Billy-Bob's is the worst place to see a concert unless you are right
up front because there is no good view of the stage otherwise.
However, the house was packed with standing room only.
I tried like hell to get some pictures, an interview or something
but to be honest Huey's people, as well as the security at Billy Bob's
were some of the biggest jerks I have EVER dealt with.
Very dissapointing.
Someone needs to put Huey in Doc's time machine and wisk him
back to 1985 to when he still had a hit so it will match the ego
that I ran into last night.
All that said, the overall night was fun for $12.75.

Just my 2 cents.

- Videobob
VIN# 5278
http://www.dfwdmc.com