[DML] Re: Grooved Front Rotors

If the rotors are deeply grooved they will have to be replaced. The
pulling to one side is probably caused by a sticking piston in one of
the front calipers. My advice to you is to order 2 front rotors, a new
set of pads with the shims and hardware, and 2 rebuilt front calipers.
You should flush the brake system too. You will have to bleed it
anyway. Make sure the master cylinder is not leaking. If the brake
fluid looks like mud then figure very soon you will need it so you
might as well do it now. If the brake fluid is that bad you will find
yourself rebuilding the rear calipers soon too. In a 20 + year old car
it is very common to need a complete brake system rebuild. This seems
to be especially so on British cars. They seem to need their brake
fluid changed every 2 years or everything corrodes inside. This also
goes for the clutch on a 5-speed. Use Castrol GTLMA DOT 4 brake fluid.
Don't skimp on the brakes, your life could depend on it.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757