[DML] Re: Charcoal hose

While it was a tight fit, I never had to turn the charcoal canister
sideways to fit it back in. But I did relocate it slightly lower,
when I replaced my defective canister. Push the rubber hose thru the
hole in the pontoon bottom, grab, and pull the slack thru. Then, just
insert the canister bottom first, and gently push the top into the
hole.

If this method doesn't work for you, there are a couple of
alternatives:

1. Remove the rear facia to open up the access holes. This also has
the double benefit of allowing you to retighten the rear most chassis
bolts.

2. Get some replacement hose for the drain tube on the charcoal
canister. Cut it really long, so that when you twist the canister,
you'll have enough slack left that the hose won't be able to fully
retract into the pontoon. Mount the access panel, tauten the hose,
and cut off the excess.

FYI: I have seen on many DIY car shows, and in repair manuals the
reccomendation of using a box cutter to slice/cut rubber hoses. This
results in sloppy, uneven cuts IMO. A better reccomendation would be
to get a set of decent pruning shears, and use those instead. You'll
always get quick, precise, and even cuts on rubber hoses. Important
for both astetics, and for tight spaces, when you need as flush a
mating area as possible.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"