Re: [DML] Re: Original locking module: Really that bad?

Re: [DML] Re: Original locking module: Really that bad?

The "inside latch" has me confused - there are two latches, front and
rear. They each perform two functions, lock, and latch (that is, the
door handle). The most common problem is the two latch mechanism being
out of sync - pull your door handle slowly and you *should* get them
both releasing at precisely the same time - more often than not, one
will pop before the other.

The most common cause of doors jaming is where one of the lock linkrods
is too loose/tight causing one of the latches to stay locked while the
other is free.

The inside lock lever connects directly to the same arm as the solenoid,
the lock barrel, and the two latches - there should be no difference
between using the inside lever than using the key in the lock, or the
central locking.

For anyone who has never adjusted door linkages, it's one of the most
useful parts of the workshop manual. Not everything is adjustable, but
it's designed that way so you have a starting point (the front lock link
rod). Adjust the solenoid refering to the movement of the front lock
rod, adjust the internal lever (yes, it does adjust) to match that, and
keep going, one at a time.

But before doing that, you should remove all the lock links and make
sure the latch mechanism works correctly, in sync, and most importantly,
is able to return to its "rest" state smoothly and 100%

Wow, this started out being a quick e-mail! I could write an essay here,
but it's all in the manual!

Martin
DMUK