Re: [DML] Carbon Fiber Fasia

Hi Mike,

That carbon fiber is cool stuff; I've seen Ron Wester (of Gullwing magazine and screamin' yellow DeLorean fame) do some nice things with carbon fiber.  But I would be concerned about the loss of fascia functionality.  The stock urethane fascias can take a good hit without showing any sign of damage (fortunately, I *don't* know from experience)...

The stock fascias can be kept nice.  Add some aluminum bars to the underside to permanently fix the eyebrows, and a good paint job will last for years and years if well kept.  A little painting and heating can fix old ones right up.  Just ask Josh and Ken!

Sometimes it's just easier to do things the hard way.  -But if you make any progress, I'd love to see how it turns out.  I'm just not sure it would be practical for a frequently driven car.

Jake Kamphoefner
Racking up miles on 1063

ronin5030 <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
a carbon fiber facia. About half of all the front fascias I have seen
are either chipped, peeling, in need of paint or else they are warped
from heat and have those distinctive "eyebrows" above the headlights.