[DML] Re: Coolant self-bleeder antics

You definately do have to loosen the small hose on the top right side
of the radiator to bleed the radiator. Just be VERY GENTLE  with it.
If you still have the origional radiator with the plastic tank the
nipple is VERY EASY  to break off. I have not installed the "auto
bleeder" kit. I feel if you have a tight system and have it bled
correctly then it is not necessary. Just another hose and connection
that can leak. I have a metal bottle AND a coolant overflow bottle so
there is no air in my cooling system. I do not have to keep the header
bottle 1/2 full to allow for expansion, the overflow goes into the
overflow bottle and when the motor cools off it is drawn back in.
Another bonus is I can check my coolant level at a glance even when hot.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757