From: Christopher Hawes [mailto:chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 11:12 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Mode switch anomoly

Ever since I have had my DeLorean, when turning the mode switch to different
vent settings it has always seemed to blow out of all the vents and not
divert the air as it should.

It does not hiss or create that vacuum sound, but the aircon does blow hot
and cold as it should.  I can see that all of the mode switch connections
and hoses are intact by peering through the rear of each side of the console
with the aid of a torch/flashlight.

Does this confirm that the mode switch needs a rebuild even though it does
not 'leak' or could other factors be considered?

Thanks for any help.

Chris H

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews