Re: [DML] Door inner seals

For the door outer seal, only for 108983 I am seeing it reference to a
Dodge Caravan or Plymouth Voyager rear hatch both don't specify the
year. These I just bought new because my old ones didn't give me
problems, they were just old. Why I'm trying to find a cheap cross
reference is because I am having quite a hard time fitting the seals
on my car for no leaks. Seems that parts rub on the door when closing
and wear out, some spots don't even touch the door on the pillar, and
the list goes on. So I would hate to spend that kind of money for new
vendor seals and weeks later see them wearing already. If I got cheap
seals, I could then fix my problems by shaving the fiberglass lip a
little, using RTV etc, Prove that they don't leak-and then I would get
the good seals from a vendor so they would be exactly for the car and
fitted-that was my logic. Cost of the seals is not my issue. You may
be wondering why I just don't do this with the seals I have now-they
wore at the top of the door, taken off and replaced with the worn
areas on on the bottom, sort of rotated my seals to buy some time-I
tried to fix it by cutting headliner shorter hoping that was the
problem and it's now leaking again. So now they are worn in lots of
areas, hopeless of being a good test strip to identify and fix the
causes. Thanks for the info though, Dan Benedek #5003