[DML] Re: Manual Transmission Gear Oil

I called Redline's engineering department and asked them. Since this
is a transmission AND an drive axle, it's a compromise. What's best
for the differential gears may not be best for syncros. At any rate,
the recommended oil is 75W90-NS. The MTL is probably not good enough
for the differential, and 75W90 (not NS) would be too "slippery" for
the syncros to operate properly.

And yes, my formerly slightly leaky transmission is now more leaky
due to the thinner oil.

Before this I was running Valvoline synthetic 85W90. Other than the
leaking, I can't say that I can tell a difference. They cost about
the same.

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "theshovel1224" <theshovel1224@xxxx>