Re: [DML] Local tire shop

Paranoid? Not at all. The garage where I take my DeLorean to when I
need certain work done related a story simular to this to me, when I
asked them about a competent car alarm shop to remove the unit
installed in my car. A local owner in Vegas back in the late 80's had
a D that had a beautiful paint job, was lowered, had neon, custom
wheels, TV inside, etc... The car was totally tricked out from bumper
to bumper. And then one day, he decided to install a car alarm, so he
took it to some local shop. 3 days later, the car was stolen, and
never recovered. It happened in the middle of the night, and the alarm
never went off. Plus, the guy had the car since new, and parked in his
driveway all those years, and no one had ever disturbed it. It had
also been discovered that several other expensive cars that had
recently had alarms installed at this shop were stolen as well.
Needless to say, the shop went out of business a long time ago.

So no, I don't believe that you can ever be too protective with your
car, and your private information. The liability aspect of it *might*
be possible, except for the fact that everyone out there keeps
installing ridiccculous sized tires on their vehicles. And besides, if
liability were a concern, then I'm sure that tire shops would start
making people sign liability releases anytime they purchase tires that
exceed manufacturers reccomendations.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "supermattthehero" <supermatty@xxxx>
wrote:
> Perhaps I'm being a little paranoid here, but you could consider it
> somewhat of a safety issue.  No, I don't mean if they install the
> wrong tire sizes.  For example, if I was a big bad car thief, I
think
> I would probably stand around the counter in auto parts and tire
> stores.
<SNIP>