[DML] Re: Venturing for some thoughts... (I feel your pain...)

[DML] Re: Venturing for some thoughts... (I feel your pain...)

I understand exactly where you are at this point of ownership. Before
I took posession of #5939, PRV was my biggest concern too (see Message
#25848 -- those were the days...). Now, it's my LEAST concern.

eMail me off list (brobertson(at)carolina.net) and I'll walk you
through my own experience.

While uncommon on this side of the pond, PRV was used extensively
throughout Europe. Nearly 1 million units were built over a quarter
century production run. Not only is it a hardy little engine, but
parts availability for everything down to the main crank is excellent.

My recommendation is to find the best condition vehicle you can
afford, with a factory power plant, then get your feet wet with actual
ownership. Trust me: 1001 other things will pop up to consume all your
time and patience before the engine ever will (*IF* you give it a
COMPLETE tune-up and replace every cooling system hose and O ring).

Bill Robertson