[DML] Torsion bars and door hinges

Hi,

I'm have noticed that my torsion bars and door hinges are really
close to each other - is this normal? how far apart should they be?

I've got a picture and some more info here(on top of the page):

http://home.broadpark.no/~wstarber/dmc/log.html

Also, is it possible to remove the panel that the torsion bar
brackets are mounted on? I want to straighten it out and
epoxy it on before I install screws as described in "T-Bar Roof
Reinforcement" (http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/tbar.htm).

Anyone tried that? is the panel fastened only by glue, or are there
hidden screws/bolts somewhere? I can't find the panel in the parts
manual...

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Wilhelm S.