[DML] Re: Delorean Mid Atlantic Spring Socail - update

[DML] Re: Delorean Mid Atlantic Spring Socail - update

I was handling the door adjustments for the day. It seems that there
is less and less of a need for it. In the past many times adjustments
were made to correct for weak struts. This would cause further
adjustments when the struts were replaced. Now before I do any
adjustments I try a new strut. Many times that eliminates the need for
any adjustment. (It was handy being at Rob's, I had a supply of
struts!) Now I also check and adjust the locking pins for the doors
with the extra time I would have spent on the torsion bars.
 The big lesson I want to share is that I also check the air pressure
in the tires and the brake lights. (A mini safety check) I found that
for the most part everyone's lights worked but the tire pressures were
all over the place. I challange EVERYONE to go out to their car, look
at the decal on the inside of the glove box in the dash, and check
their tire pressures. This is the single most important thing an owner
can do for tire life, ride handling, and safety. You don't have to be
mechanicaly inclined to do it, all you need is a decent tire gauge. In
fact you should be checking EVERY car you drive at least once a month.
Don't forget to check the spare. Do it on a weekend, before you drive
the car. It is also a good time to check all the fluid levels.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757