[DML] Alignment questions!

I have heard that the maximum amount of shims for the rear alignemnt
is 5. Is there a minimum number of shims? What would the expected toe-
in be with 5 shims and without any shims?

Also a shop near where I live that works on deloreans told me that
bad shocks are usually a cause of rear misalignment. My shocks are
due for replacement, but the left toe seems too excessive to be
caused by shocks alone.

As for the front castors being messed up I really dont understand it
at all. Castor can be adjusted by shimming the sway bar to lower arm
connection, but this is not a "factory" recommendation??

We some cars actually built at the factory with this "lopsidedness",
or is this a result of wear and/or damage to the front suspension?

Its also possible that the previous owner cut the front springs
unevenly, could this cause a caster difference as well?

Thanks for answering my questions! But I have more: where do you guys
in the northwest take your cars for alignments? Nowhere in Oregon
seems to be able to handle it right now.

thanks!!
adam